Thank you to TravelFudge for nominating me for the Liebster Award! For a great inspirational read, check out one of her latest blogs. (I decided to stick with the bluey-greeny picture instead of the pink one).
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with 200 or less followers. Once you are nominated and choose to pass on the award you must:
- list 11 random facts about yourself
- answer the 11 questions that were given to you by the person who nominated you
- pass this award on to 11 other bloggers (that have less than 200 followers)
- and ask them 11 questions
So…here are the 11 random facts about me:
- I have never been to Disneyland.
- I taught myself how to ride a bike by going around in circles in my backyard.
- I don’t like eating olives.
- I’ve been bit by a dog.
- I’ve been hit by a car (I know, such tragic facts about me).
- I’m Asian but I’m not good at math.
- I’m not really good at baking (or cooking), but I try.
- The Sound of Music is my favourite movie (the reason why I traveled to Salzburg).
- I used to have a pet turtle.
- Superman and Wolverine are my two favourite superheroes.
- I don’t own an iPad but I really wish I did.
Here are the 11 questions TravelFudge asked me:
- Favourite season and why?
Fall/Autumn. I love all the different (and always changing) Autumn colours.
- Five words that best describe you?
Calm, Patient, Emotional, Curious & easily-amused.
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
This relates to one of the impossible things I believe in that I wrote about for the Daily Post. I would like to believe that no one on this earth would have to be hungry for more than 24 hours.
- Do you prefer traveling alone or with a partner/friend?
This is a tough one. It’s good traveling alone because you get to do the things you want to do and go the places you want to go — because it’s tough finding a really good traveling friend! But if you do find a good traveling companion, you get better experiences because you end up going to places that you wouldn’t normally go on your own. And it’s always nice to have new experiences. So I guess I’m leaning towards…traveling with a partner/friend.
- Favourite city?
I haven’t really traveled THAT much… but so far my favourite city would have to be Barcelona. Amazing food. Culture. People. Architecture. And Great weather!
- Do you have a certain saying/quote that inspires you? What is it?
I love quotes. And there are many that inspire me. But one that I like is one that I pretty much made up. “Remember to breathe. Remember to chew. Remember to smile.” It’s written at the bottom of my blog.
- Burger or pizza?
Burger. Only because I haven’t been to Italy and haven’t experienced REALLY GOOD pizza before.
- When traveling, what is the one thing you never leave home without?
My camera and my little wolverine.
- Do you have a favourite book or author?
Not really. But when I walk into Chapters (or any book store), I tend to gravitate towards those big coffee table photography book sections and spend a good amount of time flipping through them.
- What do you miss most about home when traveling?
Not being able to upload Instagram photos right away or text/call someone right away. (Maybe one day there will be wifi available literally all over the face of this earth!)…I know. This is a pretty sad answer but its true. I admit I rely on technology a lot, especially my iPhone. I CAN survive without it though. I really can.
- Would you rather sky dive or go shark cage diving?
I have not experience either one. But I think I’d sky dive, even though I’m afraid of heights, it would feel more free. I’d hate the feeling of being stuck in a cage, even with sharks swimming all around me.
The 11 bloggers I nominate for this award are:
These are my 11 questions for them:
- Vanilla ice cream or Chocolate ice cream?
- Would you rather spend a day at the beach or up in the mountains? And why.
- What’s the most “interesting” dish you’ve ever eaten?
- How many languages do you speak? What are they?
- What’s your camera, Nikon or Canon or ____?
- Which city/country is your next travel destination?
- Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they?
- If you had all the resources available, would you rather cruise around the world or hike/paddle/swim/run around the world?
- Cats or dogs?
- What’s the most dangerous or adrenaline rush thing you’ve ever done or experienced?
- If you were stuck on a deserted island and stumbled upon a coconut, what would you do with it? 🙂